19th International Conference on Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems
The 19th IFIP
WG 1.02 International
Conference on Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems (DCFS 2017) will be
held in Milano, Italy, on July 3-5, 2017.
The conference is organized by Department of Computer
Science, University of
Milano, and by the IFIP Working Group 1.02
Extended versions of selected papers from the proceedings will appear in a
special issue of the International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science
Submissions concerning the descriptional complexity of formal systems and
structures (and its applications) are invited for DCFS 2017.
Original papers are sought in all aspects of descriptional complexity, topics
include, but are not limited to:
- Automata, grammars, languages and other formal systems; various modes of
operations and complexity measures.
- Succinctness of description of objects, state-explosion-like phenomena.
- Circuit complexity of Boolean functions and related measures.
- Size complexity of formal systems.
- Structural complexity of formal systems.
- Trade-offs between computational models and mode of operation.
- Applications of formal systems – for instance in software and hardware
testing, in dialogue systems, in systems modeling or in modeling natural
languages – and their complexity constraints.
- Co-operating formal systems.
- Size or structural complexity of formal systems for modeling natural
- Complexity aspects related to the combinatorics of words.
- Descriptional complexity in resource-bounded or structure-bounded
- Structural complexity as related to descriptional complexity.
- Frontiers between decidability and undecidability.
- Universality and reversibility.
- Nature-motivated (bio-inspired) architectures and unconventional models of
- Blum Static (Kolmogorov/Chaitin) complexity, algorithmic information.
- Suna Bensch
- Cezar Câmpeanu
- Erzsébet Csuhaj-Varjú
- Jürgen Dassow
- Dora Giammarresi
- Stavros Konstantinidis
- Orna Kupferman
Paper submission deadline: Mar 14, 2017 Updates of existing submissions: Mar 16, 2017 Author notification: Apr 15, 2017 Camera-ready deadline: Apr 25, 2017 Early registration: May 15, 2017 Late registration: Jun 19, 2017
- Conference: Jul 3-5, 2017