Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems
DCFS 2017 will be held in Milano, Italy, on July 3-5, 2017.
The conference is organized by Department of Computer Science, University of Milano, and by the IFIP Working Group 1.02 “Descriptional Complexity”.
Submissions concerning the descriptional complexity of formal systems
and structures (and its applications) are invited for DCFS
Original papers are sought in all aspects of descriptional complexity, topics include, but are not limited to:
- Automata, grammars, languages and other formal systems; various modes
of operations and complexity measures.
- Succinctness of description of objects, state-explosion-like phenomena.
- Circuit complexity of Boolean functions and related measures.
- Size complexity of formal systems.
- Structural complexity of formal systems.
- Trade-offs between computational models and mode of operation.
- Applications of formal systems – for instance in software and
hardware testing, in dialogue systems,
in systems modeling or in modeling natural languages– and their complexity
- Co-operating formal systems.
- Size or structural complexity of formal systems for modeling
- Complexity aspects related to the combinatorics of words.
- Descriptional complexity in resource-bounded or structure-bounded
- Structural complexity as related to descriptional complexity.
- Frontiers between decidability and undecidability.
- Universality and reversibility.
- Nature-motivated (bio-inspired) architectures and unconventional models
- Blum Static (Kolmogorov/Chaitin) complexity, algorithmic information.
- Suna Bensch
- Cezar Câmpeanu
- Erzsébet Csuhaj-Varjú
- Jürgen Dassow
- Dora Giammarresi
- Stavros Konstantinidis
- Orna Kupferman
- Paper submission deadline: Mar 14, 2017
- Author notification: Apr 15, 2017
- Camera-ready deadline: Apr 25, 2017
- Conference: Jul 3-5, 2017