Monday 3, 7 p.m. (at the end of the afternoon session), at Belluccio’s
The restaurant is located in via Beato Angelico, 27.
Conference Trip and Dinner to Bergamo Alta
Tuesday 4, departure 2.00 p.m., outside the conference venue, via Golgi 19.
Bergamo - Guided Tour in the Upper Town
Walking tour across the historical center main sights:
- The 14th century fortress on the west side of the town, which stands witness to the Visconti family’s rule over Bergamo.
- Gombito and Colleoni streets
- Lively mediaeval streets, plotted in Roman times, corresponding to the ancient Decumano (now lined with charming shops open on Sundays).
- Piazza Vecchia (The Old Square)
- Heart of the town, is surrounded by outstanding monuments: the 12th century Town Hall, the imposing bell tower known as Campanone, the Palladian style historic library and the elegant Contarini fountain, the town’s jem in the crown.
- Basilica of St. Maria Maggiore
- A real shrine of treasures hidden behind the magnificent portals: Florentine and Flemish tapestries, precious marquetries by Lorenzo Lotto, Gaetano Donizetti’s funerary monument , frescoes dating back to the 14th century.
- Colleoni Chapel
- Masterpiece of Lombard Renaissance art, built in honour of the famous condottiere Bartolomeo Colleoni and frescoed by G.B. Tiepolo in the 18th century.
- The Cathedral, dedicated to Saint Alexander, patron saint of Bergamo. A rich collection of works of art, including the chapel dedicated to the Pope John XXIII, native of the town.
- A fascinating 14th century fortress offering great scenic view of Bergamo and the surroundings valleys.
The conference dinner will take place at the end of the guided tour at the restaurant Il Pianone (Bergamo).
The return time to the conference venue is expected to be between 11 p.m. and midnight.